French actor, Reda Kateb began his career in 2003 and is still active in his profession despite being almost 40 years old. He is also one of the most appreciated and popular actors in France.
Kateb was born on January 15, 1977 (Saturday) in Ivry-sur-Seine, France, to Malek-Eddine Kateb, an Algerian actor and nurse of Czech and Italian descent. He is 45 years old as of 2022. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. Ivry-sur-Seine is a neighborhood in the Paris region where he grew up and lived until 2011 before settling in Montreuil. His family is a family of actors. He grew up immersed in theater since childhood. Around the age of 12, he decided to follow in his father’s footsteps and become an actor.
Kateb Yacine, a text written by his great-uncle, was the source of his recitation. One of his short films, Pitchoune, was screened in the Directors’ Fortnight section at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival.
- Height (approx): 6′ (1.83m)
- Eye color: Dark brown
- Hair color: Brown
Family and ethnicity
Parents, Brothers, and Sisters
He was born in Ivry-sur-Seine, France, to a French nurse of Czech and Italian ancestry and an Algerian actor, Malek-Eddine Kateb.
Relationships/ Affairs, Wife, Children
He is married to Alicia and they have one child together.
He is the great nephew of Kateb Yacine, writer, and philosopher.
As an actor
He began acting with his first movie called “Nif”. It was a short film made in 2003. A TV show came right after called Spiral in 2008 where he played the role of Aziz.
His other famous films include A Prophet (2009) as Jordi, Hippocrates (2014) as Abdel, and Django (2017) as Django Reinhardt.
He directed Pitchoune, a short film in 2015. He also played the role of Karim in the same film.
Among his distinctions is the Commander of Arts and Letters.
- 2015 – Hippocrates – 40th Cesar Awards for Best Supporting Actor
- 2015 – Hippocrates -Patrick Dewaere Prize
- 2017 – Cabourg Film Festival for Swann d’Or for Best Actor
Facts / Anecdotes
- Pitchoune, his short film, was part of the Quinzaine des Réalisateurs section at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival.
- Dogs are his favorite animals and he has one as a pet. Every time he goes out, he takes this dog with him.
- He actually celebrates his birthday on January 15, rather than his birthday on July 27. His Instagram post even mentions his birthday that day.
- Reda Kateb thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and clarifies that his birthday is January 15.
- Coffee is one of his favorite drinks.
- He loves animals and supports the #adoptdontshop movement.
- Rollerblading is one of his favorite activities.